Last updated on
Remember the classic Tomb Raider games which introduced many gamers to the adventure, puzzle platform genre with an exciting mix of action gunplay and acrobatics? Well now you can download the original Tomb Raider classic from the Play Store for your Android phone or tablet.
Square Enix have been kind enough to port the original “unedited” and “unadulterated” version to Android and long-time PC gamers can once again enjoy the nostalgia associated with the classic series featuring Lara Croft.
While those who haven’t played the original may be disappointed with the graphics and outdated textures, but at the heart of it, it’s a game that is meant to be played in its original form. Square Enix have included support for MOGA Ace Power and Logitech Powershell along with creating makeshift touchscreen controls, which according to several users, leave much to be desired.
However, since the game is priced very low at $0.99, it is worth a download whether you are a Tomb Raider fan or a newcomer who wants to see what the original looked like.
Key Features via Play Store:
- Epic Exploration – Uncover the deepest, darkest mysteries of the lost city of Atlantis and unearth secrets to Lara’s past.
- Acrobatic Gunplay – Deftly leap around charging enemies while you unleash a hail of bullets from your trademark dual pistols.
- Combat Lethal Predators – Defeat Atlantean centaurs to the terrifying T-Rex
- Original Gameplay – Relive the full, unedited, unadulterated experience from the classic release
- Full Chapters – Includes two extra chapters that were included in the game’s 1998 release
- Game Controllers – Supports MOGA Ace Power & Logitech PowerShell
What do you think about old classics coming over to Android? Will you be downloading Tomb Raider from the Play Store? If you try it, do let us know by commenting below. Meanwhile, you should share this post if you like it and follow us on Google+ for more updates.