Last updated on
While the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update has reportedly started rolling out for the International model of Samsung’s Galaxy S6 flagship, it’s probably going to be a while till everyone starts getting OTA notifications.
However, for those of you who want to flash their Galaxy S6 phones with the latest Android Lollipop update, a downloadable version of the firmware is now available on SamMobile.
It is important to note however that the update, which was originally available in France, is for the Galaxy S6 SM-G920F model, which is basically the international version available across most of Europe.
You can also check your Galaxy S6’s model number by going to Settings, About Phone and Hardware Info. If you happen to own the SM-G920F model, you can then download the Android 5.1.1 update for it from SamMobile (link below).
Once you have the firmware update file downloaded, you will need to manually flash it onto your Galaxy S6 using Odin. Before you do so however, please note that flashing your phone carries inherent risks and can even lead to bricking your phone (so continue at your own risk).
Recommended for you: 10 Best Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Cases
Instructions for flashing Android 5.1.1 update onto Galaxy S6 SM-G920f
- Download & Extract (unzip) the firmware file from SamMobile
- Download Odin v3.10.6 to flash your S6
- Extract Odin ZIP file and open Odin v3.10.6
- Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click the start button, sit back and wait for a few minutes
You can also view the video below for more instructions on how to flash your Galaxy S6.
Please note however, flashing the wrong firmware build onto an incompatible model will almost always brick your device. Once again, please continue with flashing your Galaxy S6 at your own risk.
If you want to avoid flashing your phone, you can also wait for the OTA update which should be rolling out in the coming days.